February 22, 2023
Future Bus Trips Planned
If you are interested, please contact Kathleen Williams ASAP at County Coordinator or 409-344-0567. Please make sure to include your cell phone number as she will be sending reminders out about the trip.
Although masks are recommended on the bus and at the library, they are not required. Please bring a lunch. There are tables outside to sit and eat. You may want to bring a flash drive to save records from the computer and scanned copies from books. (See note below from Susan Kaufman, Clayton’s Senior Manager)
Please note that the pickup location has changed due to safety concerns. (Multiple break-ins to cars in the rec center parking lot.) Pickup is now at the Freeman Library on the Diana Lane side. The Freeman Library shares a parking lot with the police department so should be safer.(Map).
Bus provided as a courtesy of Harris County Precinct 2.
Departing at 9:15 am with return approximately 4 pm
There is a minimum of 10 members attending, confirmed at least 2 weeks in advance required to reserve this service from the county.
Otherwise the trip will be canceled.
Note from Susan D Kaufman
Currently (Feb 3, 2023) we have no printing capabilities at Clayton.
Until a solution has been implemented, we offer these suggestions below:
• Personal devices such as phones, tablets, etc. can be used to take photos of images from books
• Bring in a personal portable scanner
• We have a flatbed scanner. A personal flash drive can to save images.
• Email images from the public computers to themselves
• A microfilm scanner is available, a personal flash drive can save images.
• A slide scanner is available. Again, a personal flash drive can save images.