BAGS Members Helping Members Research Working Sessions
These sessions are dedicated research time for members with one-on-one assistance.
So BYOR – Bring Your Own Research and work with others to discover your elusive ancestors. Also, bring your laptop or mobile device. Free public WiFi is available inside the library.
This is a great opportunity for assistance on issues such as:
- Suggestions for searching family in a specific locale
- Using FamilySearch or Ancestry to find records, build trees, attach supporting records and photos
- Using specific genealogy software to organize your research
- Download/upload family, GEDCOM, or DNA information.
- Which DNA test to take or interpreting DNA test results
- Formatting assistance in OpenOffice or Word for self-publishing
- Digitize your records, photos, and memorabilia
If you did not make last month’s general meeting, come get a recap of the announcements and presentation information at these sessions as well.
Join us once a month at the Friendswood Family History Center (FHC), located at 505 Deseret Dr, Friendswood (online map). Enter the building on the side furthest from the street. Come take advantage of the electronic databases and books that are only accessible from within the FHC. We thank the Friendswood FHC volunteers for sharing this resource with us.
The meeting dates are
Wednesday, March 18 from 10am to 11:45am
Wednesday, April 1 from 10am to 11:45am
Wednesday, May 6 from 10am to 11:45am
Clayton Genealogical Library is so close to us! Remember to check their webpage for ongoing classes.