BAGS Members Helping Members Research Working Sessions
These sessions are dedicated research time for members with one-on-one assistance.
So BYOR – Bring Your Own Research and work with others to discover your elusive ancestors. Also, bring your laptop or mobile device. Free public WiFi is available inside the library.
This is a great opportunity for assistance on issues such as:
- Suggestions for searching family in a specific locale
- Using FamilySearch or Ancestry to find records, build trees, attach supporting records and photos
- Using specific genealogy software to organize your research
- Download/upload family or DNA information.
- Which DNA test to take or interpreting DNA test results
- Formatting assistance in OpenOffice or Word for self-publishing
- Digitize your records, photos, and memorabilia
If you did not make last month’s general meeting, come get a recap of the announcements and presentation information at these sessions as well.
Tuesday, July 17 from 7pm to 8:30pm in Friendswood Public Library (416 S. Friendswood Drive, Friendswood)Map Recap session for June meeting: Lets discuss Irish ancestry research as presented by Irene Walters.
August hopefully at the Freeman Library (Date TBD)
September hopefully at the Freeman Library (Date TBD)
Clayton Genealogical Library is so close to us! Remember to check their webpage for ongoing classes.