BAGS Members Helping Members Research Working Sessions
These sessions are dedicated research time for members with one-on-one assistance.
So BYOR – Bring Your Own Research and work with others to discover your elusive ancestors. Also, bring your laptop or mobile device. Free public WiFi is available inside the library.
This is a great opportunity for assistance on issues such as:
- Suggestions for searching family in a specific locale
- Using FamilySearch or Ancestry to find records, build trees, attach supporting records and photos
- Using specific genealogy software to organize your research
- Download/upload family or DNA information.
- Which DNA test to take or interpreting DNA test results
- Formatting assistance in OpenOffice or Word for self-publishing
- Digitize your records, photos, and memorabilia
If you did not make last month’s general meeting, come get a recap of the announcements and presentation information at these sessions as well.
Saturday, November 10 from 2pm to 4pm in Friendswood Public Library (416 S. Friendswood Drive, Friendswood) Map
No Meeting in December
These sessions will resume in January. Also in January, we will begin hosting research sessions once a month at the Friendswood Family History Center. Dates and times for both will be announced in the December 2018 newsletter.
Clayton Genealogical Library is so close to us! Remember to check their webpage for ongoing classes.